Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg V-7

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by staticbass, Jan 17, 2006.

1. staticbass

staticbass

Jan 17, 2006
    I have been looking to get a new amp for quite a while and twice now I have run across the supposedly very rare Ampeg V-7. I went to find information on it on the web and got information so varied I know less now than when I started. I'm not even sure it IS a bass amp anymore, as there were a few sites that listed it as a guitar amp. One thing seems certain, it was made in the 80's (how can there not be any information on an amp built so recently, but there is a plethora of information on 70's amps???) Unfortunately almost all the information I COULD find was inside of forum posts that had little to do with the actual amp itself. Does anyone know anything about this amp?

2. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    the V7 is a 100 watt guitar amp from the infamous Ampeg/ MTI Japan era. they were only made for a few years so although it may be "rare", but i wouldnt say its a collectable or sought after amp.