Ampeg V-7

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by staticbass, Jan 17, 2006.

1. staticbass

Jan 17, 2006
    I have been looking to get a new amp for quite a while and twice now I have run across the supposedly very rare Ampeg V-7. I went to find information on it on the web and got information so varied I know less now than when I started. I'm not even sure it IS a bass amp anymore, as there were a few sites that listed it as a guitar amp. One thing seems certain, it was made in the 80's (how can there not be any information on an amp built so recently, but there is a plethora of information on 70's amps???) Unfortunately almost all the information I COULD find was inside of forum posts that had little to do with the actual amp itself. Does anyone know anything about this amp?
  2. 8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    the V7 is a 100 watt guitar amp from the infamous Ampeg/ MTI Japan era. they were only made for a few years so although it may be "rare", but i wouldnt say its a collectable or sought after amp.