1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg V2 4x12 Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Actumen, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Actumen

Actumen

Sep 5, 2006
    Albany, NY
    I can't find a thing about this cab anywhere and there might be one in my future... So, I come to the all-knowing folks of Talkbass:

Has anyone used one?
    I've heard rumors this might be a guitar cab? Or is that only the v4?
    Any idea how it sounds?

:help:

Thanks in advance!

2. scuz

scuz You can't be angry ALL the time!

Mar 24, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'm almost positive that's a guitar cab.

3. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    it is a guitar cab, and i think that it was rated at 120 watts (four 30 watt 12's). Alot of them came with Rola speakers. A V2, was basically the head version a VT40 (40-50 watt 4x10 combo with two 7027 output tubes).

the cab is large for a 4x12, and its ported, so i think that it would make a great bass cab with the right speakers (like Eminence 2512's).

4. Actumen

Actumen

Sep 5, 2006
    Albany, NY
    Alright, thanks for the info. I haven't got the money for another project like this (even though in the long run it'd probably be cheaper than most of the other ampeg stuff I've got my eye on) so I'll keep my eyes out for other deals.

5. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    def a guitar cab. go with john's advice....he is the mastahhhh