1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Ampeg V4 1972 - Added Master Volume! - $700 Shipped!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by derekeugene, Jul 27, 2017.

1. derekeugene

derekeugene Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2008
    Kansas City
    Price:
    This is an Ampeg V4 from the early 70s. All original preamp tubes. Power tubes are new JJ 7027s. It has a new 3 prong cord.

It's been modded with a master volume. People always say that the "non-master volume" V4s are better - what they're actually referring to is the earlier 70s circuit (the later 70s models had stock master volumes, but also had a bunch of other changes that messed with the tone). So this is the best of both V4 worlds - you get that early 70s V4 tone, but you can actually get some overdrive without destroying your eardrums. And anyway, if you want to "remove" the master volume from the circuit, just turn it all the way up, and it's effectively back to stock.

Don't let anyone convince you these aren't loud enough. Through the right cab, these things destroy 100w Marshall wielding guitarists and Bonham wannabes.

$700 Shipped

ndob18qpxmbtmjm2rpsa.
    pe0epbkkhqdgaab6avf1.

2. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    I've said it before and I'll say it again...these are the best bass amps ever made!! I have a 73 V4.

If this was a V2, I'd be all over this.

GLWTS. Someone will be very happy

derekeugene likes this.
  3. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    And yes, they get really loud!

4. derekeugene

derekeugene Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2008
    Kansas City
    Agreed! Only selling this because I have another one.

5. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Just got my 76' V4. I'm in love.