Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg V4 and 2 Bag End 15's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by orskard, Apr 2, 2005.

1. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    How loud would that be? I know people say that the V4 is not loud enough to be used with bands, if you use small or high watt cabs, but some people use it with an 8x10 and love it. How do you think it would do with 2 bag end 15's those are pretty efficent cabs, so would it be loud, or is the 8x10 only louder because i assume its more speaker area?

if you use the V4, what cabs do you use, and how loud do you get?

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    From what I've seen most Bag Ends are not very effecient, have you tried them? I've tried the 1 X 15s at Low Down they sound great but if I was going to drive two of them I would want 400 watts in a loud band situation. They are very accurate, and when driven with the right power extreemly clean in a good way. Ther lit says 103db sensitivity but I really doubt it. Speaker area alone has nothing to do with efficiency, that has more to do with cabinet desighn and the drivers themselves. I know Edens 4 X 10 XLT specs at 107db, 4 db is huge and I have a suspicion that bag end is using a more narrow frequencie band to measure, hence a rating that looks better then it is. I don't know 15" cabs that well, I've been using smaller drivers and prefer them, but If you like 15's I would check out Agular, Bergentino,Eden, and maybe a few others most guys running Bag End are running high 400-1000 watt rigs. With a lower power amp (the V4) I'd look awfully hard at a 4 X 10 my self.

3. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    i dont have any of these, i was just thinking when i was searching around on ebay today.