1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Ampeg V4-B and Dr. Bass Cab

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Kelly Coyle, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    Everything is sold. Thanks, everyone.

Due to changing emphasis (I always was a better guitarist) I have an Ampeg V4-B, mint condition and a Dr. Bass RX 212 cabinet as new. They sound great together, but I would sell them separately.

The V-4B is a 100 watt tube head. This is the newer one, with the "modern" aesthetics. It is mint. (EDIT: I looked closely a found a little wear on the front, so let's make it VG++.) I found it to be plenty loud for bar gigs but it might not work for your Pantera tribute band.

The RX 212 is even mintier -- I bought it new. It's a great sounding cab. I had it built horizontally so the V-4B would sit on top of it.

Each unit gigged twice with me. I'll try to have pictures up tonight.

V-4B: $450.
    RX 212: $220.

Both: $600.

Buyer pays actual shipping and insurance costs. I've never shipped a tube head so I will follow any instructions you have. If you leave it to me, I'll remove the tubes and ship them separately.

2. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Have you used it with any cabs besides the 2x12? If so, which ones? And any idea as to the age of the amp? Thanks.

3. jpark

jpark

Feb 2, 2006
    WV
    Sent you pm on v4-b

4. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    Is there a way to tell? I got it about a year ago. Let me go look at it...

Here's the serial number -- I don't see a date on it: AAYDI90053.

No, I don't have any other cabs.

5. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Can I get some more information on the Dr. Bass cab?

What drivers are in there? I'm guessing Eminence Delta 12 by the power handling, but I'm not sure...

What are the dimensions?

What's the weight?

And finally, do your prices include shipping? If not, what is shipping to zip 45251?

Thanks. I've been looking for a 2x12 set-up, and this may be just what I've been looking for.

6. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    I used to live in northern Kentucky.

The web page is here:

http://www.drbasscabs.com/

It doesn't say what the speakers are, though. I'll run and look -- OK, I don't know how to tell. I won't be taking is apart, either. I'll email them and ask. Someone around here probably knows, but I don't know who to bug about that.

7. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    Here's the rest of what I know just now:

500 watts RMS
    2x12 w/Tweeter
    X-over w/HF level control
    45HZ to 20kHz 102 dB 1W1M
    4 or 8 ohms
    24"h x 20.25"w x 15"d
    52 lbs.

Mine is sideways, so the height and width are reversed.

8. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    Oh, and Dr. Bass charges $30 or so for shipping, so there's an estimate.

9. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I checked through Eminence's website and they appear to be Beta 12 speakers. 250 watts RMS handling each, for the total of 500 watts RMS for two speakers.

Sorry for being so dumb about the dimensions. I thought that Marc used a different box altogether, but you just had the logo and handles placed differently.

The weight, size, and price are all great, but I don't think that the Beta-loaded cab will give me the sound I'm after. Good luck with the sale, I'm sure someone else will love it!

10. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    I have it from Marc that they are (and I quote) "special design 250 watt Eminence speakers." I guess that means they are tweaked in some way. It's a great sounding cab, in any case.

11. chas40b

chas40b

Mar 26, 2006
    Upstate NY
    Is the cab 4 or 8 ohm? Thanks!

12. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    The cab is eight ohm. The head (if anyone is concerned about that) has a 4/8 switch.

13. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    So, my wife has the camera. She should be back with it tonight, but in the meantime I got the thing out into daylight for a look.

I got the name a little wrong. It is V-4B. It is *not* the V4BH available now, although I believe it is internally identical. This is the one with the "Comic Sans" name in red and blue: V-4B Classic Series. I described it as "mint" but there is a little wear on the silver strip across the front. Very minor -- I didn't notice it at all the other day when I looked it over. Otherwise mint. It looks like this one, but this picture I just found on the Internet. When I get the camera, I will post a proper picture of mine.

(I would just like to say that that font + color + size thing was a lot of trouble, and you should appreciate it.)

14. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    here's two

15. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    and one more

16. fourstring44

fourstring44 In Memoriam