1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg V4-B

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jpark, Apr 30, 2006.

1. jpark

jpark

Feb 2, 2006
    WV
    I recently purchased this head off of a fellow tb'er for my first tube head. I was worried about this amp not being loud enough (I also own a kustom groovebass 1200h, so I know what loud is :) ), this was based upon most of the reviews here. All I can say is, does everyone saying this thing isn't loud enough playing stadiums or arena gigs? :confused:

I have mine paired up with an avatar 212 4ohm and this thing is plenty loud enough for any small to medium size venue. If you play anywhere else, you should have pa support. I played it's big brother, the svt, and I get almost the same exact tone from this just less wattage and less $$$. If you're into overdrive this thing delivers it without busting your ears to achieve it.

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to give me $.02 on the matter. :bassist:

BTW, this is a newer model, the v4-b and classic series lettering is in blue.

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Volume is always relative. If you have an extra loud drummer or guitarist you will probabally need more, or if you don't have sufficent PA coverage. But if its enough for you, that is just awesome. You don't need to break your back to haul around gear.