Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg V4 power tranny wiring

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nil, Jul 5, 2001.

1. I picked up the other day a '72 Ampeg V4 head. It's in pretty good original condition, but looks to be an export or international version - there's a switch on the back to select between 230V and 120V (factory original, not added later).

Now the previous owner seems to have cut this switch away from the whole power tranny circuit, so it's 230V all the way. He may have done this to stop people from accidentally selecting the wrong voltage.

Does anyone have/know of where I can find the schematic for a 120/230V beast to figure out how to put the switch back into operation? The power tranny still has extra wires from it, so i'm assuming it's still a multi-tap tranny.

Also, there's an electrolytic capacitor that has one side disconnected - one end is soldered to the Standby switch, the other's loose. Should this be connected to the polarity switch at all? (the pol. switch doesn't seem to do anything at the moment).

thanks!