1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg V4 Reissue?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zhollywood, Mar 18, 2013.

1. On Ampeg's Facebook they hinted at reissuing the V4 with the quote "Got a lot of V4ery interesting gear coming out." The quote comes from the pic they posted of the Purple Monster rig winner photo.
    Hopefully it's not just a V4 but also a V4B.

If the price is reasonable, I can't wait to get my greedy paws on one.
    Anyone else interested?

2. Arnie

Arnie

May 14, 2005
    Kingston, NY
    Yeah good luck I just posted a link to musicians friend on the Heritage SVT-CL heat @$2400.00..

So I can see a V4 at $1500-$2000.00

3. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    I think they are doing these to compete with the Bassman 100T. I'm betting they will be right around $1400-$1500.

4. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Why not just buy used and have it re-capped?
    I will not depreciate instantly and there will be no question about if it sounds the same as the original.
    I had one for over 30 years without any issues.
    Sold it last year with the original tubes only because 100 watts is not enough clean headroom for my current favorite cabinets.
    Pretty cool to have an amp 30 years, spend nothing on maintenance and then make $500 profit.

5. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Considering the standard production SVT-CL retails for $1800 I doubt it will be that high. Probably more on the $1200-1500 range similar to the bassman 100T.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Word I hear on the new V4B is it will be produced offshore, so don't expect a gigantic price tag. It'll likely sting a little ;) but shouldn't be too bad.