1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg V4b 100 watt with THREE SVT112 cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by someguyfromNC, Jul 19, 2016.

1. someguyfromNC

someguyfromNC

Jul 4, 2015
    NC
    I already have 2 of these cabs and I think it sounds great. Just found another 112 cab for a great price and thinking to add a third since the head goes down to 2 ohms.

Maybe stack 2 and the other for the drummer/or other side of the stage... or just put em all together for lols and giggles.

Whatchu guys think... I never have seen anyone with a 3 112 cab rig. Thought it would be cool just to have something different.

johnpbass likes this.
  2. SVTX

SVTX

Jun 20, 2016
    Seen it many times, it's a great setup. You can stack them all three and actually hear what you're playing :D

spaz21387 and someguyfromNC like this.
  3. Yeah. .. stack em for best results. 3x12 vert stack kills! Heck. ..get 4 (2 ohm) & kill the gui**** too!

Clarence Walker and freedomryder like this.
  4. someguyfromNC

someguyfromNC

Jul 4, 2015
    NC
    I know 3 cabs is 2.66 ohms or somewhere around there. could someone do the math for 4 cabinets. Is it 2 ohms?

drool This could very well be my future setup drool

5. someguyfromNC

someguyfromNC

Jul 4, 2015
    NC
    ok it is exactly 2 ohms. This is incredible. I will be the guy rocking a 4 112 setup by Christmas.

edit:

might have the 412 setup by next week since I found a buyer for a bass of mine.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  6. Yep. As I said. ..2 ohms.
    I used a Berg NV412 and it's superb. .. but a vert stack of 12s.... wooo hoooo!!!!

7. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    I really dig the 112AVs. 4 of them stacked? Oh yeah!!!
    If my math is correct, that's close to a 6 foot cab stack, right?

8. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    Don't forget to take a ladder with you, for mounting the V-4B on top of your skyscraper...
    (and to show us some ubercool pics!)

johnpbass and rodl2005 like this.
  9. someguyfromNC

someguyfromNC

Jul 4, 2015
    NC
    I dont see myself doing the 4 stacked thing. Just 3 stacked with 1 for the drummer/other side of stage or a stack of 2 on each side of stage/together. Just bring 1 or 2 cabs for the small stuff. Liking this Scalability.

cabs should be here Thursday. Pictures will follow.

10. Vert ftw :woot::thumbsup::hyper:

Looking forward to the pics! !!!!

11. someguyfromNC

someguyfromNC

Jul 4, 2015
    NC
    I will be sure to take pictures of it quad stacked and side by side. I'll have to put the step stool on stand by :D

12. someguyfromNC

someguyfromNC

Jul 4, 2015
    NC
    Sad news. Only 1 cabinet is on the way. Seller only had one but listed it twice for some reason. Ah well. Should have pictures tomorrow. Three high will still be stupid fun.

13. ThisBass

ThisBass

Aug 29, 2012
    Germany
    with 2.7 Ohm total cab impdance I'd go with the amp impedance 2 Ohm or 4 Ohm that meets better personal sound preference.
    Whatever which amp impedance you select the amount of Ohm "mismatch" will be the just same while sound especially at overload range will likely differ a little bit.
    For tube amplifiers the difference at 2 Ohm Out versus 2.7 Ohm load is just the same like 4 Ohm Out versus 2.7 Ohm load.

14. With three cabinets I’d run them from the 4Ω tap. Tube amps are happier into a lower impedance than a higher one.

15. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    +1 Definitely