1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg V4B 2x10 1x15 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by peetmoloko, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Recently purchased an early 70s V4B and was wondering if it would be okay to plug in my current cab setup. I'd be running it into an ampeg 210av and an ampeg svt 115e. Would I set this thing at 4ohms or 8?

Will post pics when it arrives

2. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    It depends what the impedance rating are on your cabs (ohms).

I dig the patriotic cat!

peetmoloko likes this.
  3. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

That setup is 4 ohms total, if I recall the impedance of those cabs correctly. So set the amp to 4 ohms.

Two 8 ohm cabs (assuming they're in parallel, which they are in this case) = 4 ohm total load for the amp.

4. Thanks! I appreciate it. Yeah, they're both 8 ohm cabs. I can never remember how the whole ohm game works.

5. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    So, Ohm wise, with your amp set at 4 ohms, you should be fine.
    I'm am however not so sure about the blend of a 115e with a 210AV, sound wise.
    But then again, maybe it will sound great.

6. Yeah, the 15 was the result of my 210av not being able to match my drummer. I've thought about ditching it, and snagging another 210av, but I'm going to see how this sounds first.

7. 2 x 210AV in a vert stack works amazingly well from all accounts. The whole is greater than the sum in this situation apparently.

BassGreaser likes this.
  8. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Yep, I run my V4B with them and it kicks ass.

BassGreaser likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021