Ampeg V4B Re-Issue Ad Showed up......I really dont need it, do I?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fair Warning, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Deliverin' the Goods!

So an ad showed up on an internet marketplace for a new looking Ampeg V4B Re-Issue. Last week it was $600. Now I look and its $500. That's a great price, but I really don't need another power house amp. After all, I have a true classic 1970's V4B in the stable....

Damn that GAS!

Bugeyed Earl likes this.
  2. sowilson

sowilson

Jul 5, 2013
    sure you need it.

As a spare or
    Retire the vintage to studio work and use the new one for giging or
    link them and have 200 watts for tube goodness (each driving it's own 1x15, 1x12, 2x10, or 2x12) or
    run your bass through an effects processor and have one stage left and one stage right. Damn the phasing, full stereo imaging shifting on mode.

Bugeyed Earl likes this.
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Well it IS 20 lbs lighter than the original. And think of all the fun ABing them you'd be missing out on.

:D

Bugeyed Earl likes this.
  4. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Amp GAS addiction can be overcome. Buy a new bass.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    BassmanPaul likes this.
  5. slagheap

slagheap Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2011
    when i looked this morning...there's a beauty of an early magnavox era V4B on CL sfbayarea. super clean example.

6. Dp1363

Dp1363

Jan 8, 2011
    South Jersey US
    The V4B reissue is an awesome sounding amp. If the 100 watts is enough power for you, I would go for it.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021