1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Ampeg V4B

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jharms80439, Sep 7, 2017.

1. jharms80439

jharms80439 Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Evergreen, CO
    Price:
    For sale is my used but excellent condition Ampeg V4B reissue, ~2.5 years old (originally new from American Musical Supply). Price is shipped!

Trade option is only for a similarly excellent condition/low hours Ampeg PF50T plus cash on your end. Each will handle their shipping to the other.

Head is in excellent condition with perhaps 85 hours on the tubes. It's been gigged out ~6 times and it has spent most of its time at my practice space.

Comes with a Studio Slips custom cover with zip pocket for cables and a power cord.

Tech Specs:
    Total Power: 100W
    EQ: 3-band, Lo/Hi Boost Switches
    Preamp Tubes: 2 x 12AX7
    Power Tubes: 4 x 6L6GC
    Inputs: 2x Instrument
    Output: 5x Speaker (min load 2ohm)
    Height 11"
    Width 24"
    Depth 11"
    Weight 41 lbs.

Attached Files:

2. jharms80439

Nov 23, 2004
    Evergreen, CO
    Oh, and I did change the bottom feet for rubber ones instead of the slick plastic ones. I can dig up the originals and reinstall them if the buyer prefers. Frankly the plastic ones are slicker than snot and the rubber ones gripped the top of my cabinet more firmly. Again, buyer's choice.

John

3. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    Wow!!! That V4B looks brand spankin' new! And the feet swap-out is a definite upgrade.

Great price here folks on essentially a new V4B!

These amps sound fantastic.

(For the record, I have no affiliation with the seller.)

GLWTS jharms!

4. jharms80439

Nov 23, 2004
    Evergreen, CO
    Thanks @SactoBass. It's really a terrific amp and needs to be regularly used by a gigging musician - which right now I'm not.

It's really overkill for my little practice space. Besides, I've come to love the lower volume and tone of a PF50T (which I sold a while back to fund the purchase of the V4B).

The V4B has been good to me and I hope it goes to a good home!

John

SactoBass likes this.
  5. jharms80439

Nov 23, 2004
    Evergreen, CO
    All,

A few have been asking where I picked up the rubber feet. Rather than field the PMs individually, I thought I'd post the info here.

I bought the, from Speaker Hardware. A few choices that will work can be found at: Speaker Cabinet Feet

Most will work with the original Ampeg screws too.

John