1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg V4BH Issue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by apapererick, Feb 11, 2013.

1. apapererick

apapererick

Feb 11, 2013
    I have looked up and down for answers on this and haven't found anything. I've been experiencing an issue where the output signal from my head starts to crackle and cut out. The interruption sounds like someone raising and lowering the volume. It seems to happen at random and is completely unprovoked. I have replaced the tubes, cracked it open and everything inside looks totally fine. I've troubleshooted my entire set up and it is definitely something with the head. Anyone have any idea what it might be?

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Have you already tried patching a guitar cord between your Preamp output and Pwr. amp Input jacks on the back of your amp?

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Yep, sometimes those jacks on the back can get corroded and cause things like that to happen. Don't know if the V4BH has an effects loop but loops are notorious for it on all amps. Try anderbass' idea, and if it clears up, clean the jacks with Deoxit. If it doesn't clear it up, then your next step is a tech.

4. apapererick

apapererick

Feb 11, 2013
    Thanks guys. I'll try both of these and see if I can get a result.