Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Obsolex, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Avatar dude, all the way!

27 vote(s)
  2. Ampeg combo's the way to go man!

16 vote(s)
  3. Other, Specify...

4 vote(s)
  1. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    I'm kinda pressed for money, but what do you think.
    An Avatar 4x10 + 1x15, and an Ampeg Head.
    An Ampeg PR-410hlf, and an Ampeg Head.

Dec 28, 2002
    i havnt voted but...I just droped 650$ on a ampeg b4r wich is TOTALLY BAD A**...its SOOOO awsome i cant even explain..going from 200watts to this amp is Phonominall..the sound the power the tweeking abilitys OMG its make this relevent to this post I am considering after a lot of research getting the avatar 2x10 its pretty sweet looking and cheep as hell..GREAT GREAT reviews on it itll mach perfect to my 15"bw in a lafeyette cab..may get the avatar cab speakerless to put my bw in though to match..i was gonna get a ampeg svt 2x10 but price diffrence i think ill be happy with the avatars
    and the emenince deltas i found on the web (web proices even) at 79.99 ea i was like OMG thats $160 for a pair and if i can get a avatar 2x10 for 200-240 shipped RUN IT!!
  3. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Welcome to the club Washburnguy. Played an outdoor gig to a packed house last night with my Ampeg B4r bridged at 1000 watts into my 610hlf. Kicked butt! :D

Dec 28, 2002
    OHHH yeah it rocks cb56!!!!!! you were So right
    i never played threw something this good.thanks for all your help about it and i have decided to get a 2x10 4 ohm and run it as the high and the 15 as the low it should seriously kick some ass hehe
  5. for the price, avatar.
  6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Ummmm isn't comparing an Ampeg Pro 410HLF to Avatar a bit like apples and oranges? The PR410HLF is about a Grand new (at GC) used ones are less... You can buy a lot of Avatar cabinets for $1000.

A PR410HLF is a very heavy cabinet...something like 139 lbs IIRC. Avatars are much lighter.

I truly love the PR410HLF, but given the choice, I'd vote Avatar for the economical edge.
  7. Honestly, my Avatar 115 is my most favorite cab that I've ever owned...I'm thinking of maybe even getting a second one...or maybe a 212 or a 210...idk.
  8. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Dude, I have an Ampeg PR-410 HLF and an Ampeg SVT-5 Pro and I can tear it up all night long with that rig! I previously had an SWR setup and this thing smokes it. Seriously, this setup gets respect!
  9. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    If you're pressed for cash,,, go w/ the Avatars...
  10. axe

Feb 1, 2003
    Yukon Oklahoma
    I use an avatar 4x10 with a carvin 1500 and a bbe bmax pre. It rocks!!
  11. When I was pressed for money, I turned to Avatar. It rocks for me. Quality for cheap.