1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg vs. SWR

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrazyFool, Mar 27, 2002.

1. I'm in the market for a new amp. I don't have a whole lot of money to spend and was looking for a good combo that I could also use at small gigs. Right now I'm leaning most towards the SWR Workingman's 15 and the Ampeg BA-210SP. Which one is better for the $700 I would be paying?

2. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Personally between the two I would pick the WM 15, only because I don't like the modeling on the 210SP. I know that with the WM you can add an external speaker and with the Ampeg you can't. Before plucking down money on either of these I would also check out a few others. I have heard lots of good things about the Eden-Nemesis series or even the the Ampeg B2 combo. When it comes down to spending your own money on an amp just remember that opinions are like a$$holes, everybody's got one. The amp that you purchase has to be an amp that you like and that sounds best to you.