Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg vs. SWR

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrazyFool, Mar 27, 2002.

1. I'm in the market for a new amp. I don't have a whole lot of money to spend and was looking for a good combo that I could also use at small gigs. Right now I'm leaning most towards the SWR Workingman's 15 and the Ampeg BA-210SP. Which one is better for the $700 I would be paying?

2. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Personally between the two I would pick the WM 15, only because I don't like the modeling on the 210SP. I know that with the WM you can add an external speaker and with the Ampeg you can't. Before plucking down money on either of these I would also check out a few others. I have heard lots of good things about the Eden-Nemesis series or even the the Ampeg B2 combo. When it comes down to spending your own money on an amp just remember that opinions are like a$$holes, everybody's got one. The amp that you purchase has to be an amp that you like and that sounds best to you.