1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg VT-22 Cabinet Vintage 70's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by padenski, Feb 19, 2008.

1. padenski

padenski

Feb 19, 2008
    Landenberg, PA
    I have a 70's Ampeg VT-22 Extension cabinet with 2 - 12" speakers. This cabinet was set up for a guitar but does have a solid back. One of the speakers is good while the other is blown. I was considering putting a new set of speakers in the cabinet and selling the old ones on Ebay. But I am not sure if I should just sell the whole unit outright on Ebay as is - the cabinet needs new Tolex and grill cloth but is in excellent structural condition. I want a small cabinet, prefer a 2 x 10, but the 2 x12 will work well for small clubs too. Is there a market for a cabinet like this? SHould I keep it?

Thanks for your help

2. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Don't quote me but I believe these are kinda rare and sought after. If you play guitar, I'd hang on to it, they can get a great crunchy overdrive sound. Josh Homme of QOTSA plays live through VT-22s and VT-40s extensively.

Otherwise depending on where you live you should be able to fetch a grand or so for the setup if you get a replacement speaker.