1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ampeg vt 22 into cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by baytamusic, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Hello, I'm new here. I've seen a lot of discussion about the ampeg v series amps here so I'm assuming someone can help me out.

I just bought an ampeg vt 22 guitar amp with the intent to use it for bass. I haven't received the amp yet but I thought I would ask some questions. From what I can tell you can unplug the internal speakers and hook it up to a cabinet. I want to run it into an 8 ohm 4X10 ampeg and an 8 ohm 1X15 ampeg cabinet. Is there another speaker out on the amp? Or should I run the cord to one cab and then daisy chain to the other? I believe this will give an 4 ohm load. Can the amp handle this if I move the switch to 4 ohm?

Cool, thanks.:)

2. That amp can handle 2,4, or 8 ohm loads, selectable with the switch.

I believe there is an ext. speaker jack, but I can't remember for sure. I only played it once. If not, then daisy chain the cabs (the amp doesn't know the difference).

It will be fine with those cabs, and probably sound awesome!! Congrats.

3. Edword

Edword

Jun 23, 2005
    Detroitish
    It'll work. Unplug the internal speakers, connect one of your cabs to the SPEAKER jack, then your other cab into the EXT. SPEAKER jack.

bass_rig_1.

4. Cool, thanks guys. So If I use both jacks do I select 8ohm or 4ohm?

I can't wait to hear this monster!

5. Edword

Edword

Jun 23, 2005
    Detroitish

6. right on, thanks dude! Happy rocking!:bassist: