Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg warranty service?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Daytona955i, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Daytona955i

Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    So yeah, plugged my amp in at a show tonight, and everything comes on, except I don't get any sound, and a low clicking type noise.

I tried 3 different basses that worked in other amps, different cables, I pulled everything out of my single chain, etc. and I narrows it down to something definitely being wrong with my amp. The pre-amp clip light comes on when I played into it, but that was the end of it.

It's an Ampeg B4R and I bought it used off a member here, but it is still within under 5 years of the purchase...

What do I need to do to get a warranty service done, are they going to give me a hard time for not being the original owner? Also what's the typical turn around time?

Thanks

2. Daytona955i

Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Has no one else gone through this before that can help me out?

3. lowmid1

lowmid1

Aug 16, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    You need the original sales receipt that shows the purchase date (or a copy of it) and you can either send it to Ampeg or take it to an "authorized" ampeg repair shop. If you have the receipt and it is within the 5 year warranty, it shouldn't cost you anything.