Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AMPEG warrenty in texas

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by origami, Oct 10, 2005.

1. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    hello i have an ampeg 15e cabinet. it is under a year old.

it was doing just fine, sounded/performed great, i only use it for rehearsal, never at louder gigs. i was playing and it just went quiet. no farting/distortion, no power/volume spikes, nothing :crying: . i was not over/under powering it.

i know its the cabinet. my head, all cables, bass work perfectly.

does anyone know the ampeg warrenty center in dallas? i need to get this fixed pronto. is it audio electronics. i have my original receipt.

i have shows coming up, and my ampeg 4x10 by itself won't really do for an upcoming no PA-support show, and my additional 15e cabinet is slowely being shipped/backordered to my local Guitar Center.

i know there is a 2 year speaker warrenty (if its the speaker). is ampeg good about standing behind their gear. i mean i given them some money (2x 1x15 cab, 4x10 cab, etc....)

mm

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

never had any dealings with Ampeg but I would call them and they can not only tell you about local repair but probably what the issue is with the cab - which may be something simple you can do yourself.

3. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    If you call 1 800 738 7563 they can locate a technician/shop who can do warranty service and is the closest to you.

If it "went quiet", odds are something is loose, also possible the "loose" thing is in the actual speaker. Can't tell from here.

4. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    Larry Morgan Music in Garland is an authorized Ampeg repair station. They helped me get my SVT-4 repaired. It got sent to Ampeg in St. Louis, but they made the arrangements.