Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FearandLoathing, Dec 13, 2001.

1. I am going to either get a B2R or a SVT2 PRO and i need to cut through a dual rectifier but people are saying that the 350 watts of the B2R is more like 200 ???? is there any truth to this???????????
  2. o ya either one will be thrugh a SVT 6x10
  3. I'm assuming that you mean SVT3-PRO and B2R, not the 2PRO. The 3PRO is rated at 450w at 4 ohms, and the B2 is rated at 350w at 4 ohms. I have heard that Ampegs are rated incorrectly, but I'm not sure. With a 6x10 you should have no trouble at all cutting through the guitar with the 3PRO. I don't know about the B2, but I would definately suggest the 3PRO over it.

Now the SVT2-PRO as well as the SVT Classic are both 300w all tube, and they ARE much louder than the 3PRO, even though they are rated lower.
  4. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    I've heard that the B-2R actually sounds louder than the SVT3.
  5. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    overrated or not overrated, you will have no trouble cutting through a dual rectifier with 6x10 and a 3PRO. No problem at all.
  6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    wattage overrated?? possibly, maybe just a little.

Problems cutting through?? Seriously doubt it.;)
  7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    If you use an 8 OHM cab alone, you will be running the B2R @ 200W. If you're running the SVT 610, you'll be drawing all the power from the ampbecause that amp is a 4 OHM cab.

The SVT III PRO is rated @ 450 @ 4 OHM's & 300 @ 8 OHM's. (According to the website)

I owned the SVT III PRO & I work @ Sam Ash for a while where I got to A/B both amp's often & I beleive that the B2R is louder.

If you really mean the SVT II Pro, you'll never need another amp. It's a 300W ALL TUBE <b>MONSTER</B>. You will have NO PROBLEM being heard w/the amp!!!! The retail on it is $2399.99 & normally sells for about $1700.