Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg Web Site

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rich's_Alice, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Rich's_Alice

Rich's_Alice

Aug 18, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Anyone been able to get on the Ampeg Web Site (www.ampeg.com) in the past two days? Maybe IT has decided I have spent to much tinme there and blocked me!!!

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    Yeah I noticed that too. They must be changing it around or putting a new one up or something

3. Just clicked on the link you posted and it came up fine.

4. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    ^^^
    Ditto!

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    Yeah I noticed that too. They must be finished changing it around or putting a new one up or something.:bag:

All though it looks the same

6. Rich's_Alice

Rich's_Alice

Aug 18, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    How strange, I can't get there from here. Maybe I have been banned by it! Funny thing is they don't have a problem with Schroeder, Aguilar or GK!

7. Yeah they're probably rearranging everything. Makes sense since I heard they were sold to Carvin. :bag:

8. girlsaremean41

girlsaremean41 Banned

Jul 17, 2005
    Lancaster, PA
    The site was down. Now it's back up after a few of the members of the forum brought it to ampeg's attention.

9. girlsaremean41

girlsaremean41 Banned

Jul 17, 2005
    Lancaster, PA
    I thought Ampeg was bought out by LOUD technologies (Mackie).......not Carvin.

10. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    St Louis Music - the entire company - was aquired by Loud technologies... not just the Ampeg brand name.

http://www.loudtechinc.com/news/2005/03072005_slm.html

and recently EVERY website related to SLM was down, not just Ampeg. So don't worry, no one has been banned! :D

11. specplyrz

specplyrz Banned

Nov 11, 2005

Ampeg's message board will be down until after the NAMM show.

12. Whitmore

Whitmore

Aug 13, 2005
    Spec, why did they put down the message board i was just about to go on there a put up a review of the 450H paired with the 610 which by the way sounds alot better to my ears than the classic with the 610 i seem to get a cleaner low end and better highs and mids. Thats just my opininion but why did they take down the message board?

13. specplyrz

specplyrz Banned

Nov 11, 2005
    Got a lil crazy. You know how I was chased by a couple members on that site, well, they posted my copyrighted picture, altered it...and the newspaper they linked from threatened legal action. So it's down till after the namm show, that's what T Wilson stated to me in a email.

14. specplyrz

specplyrz Banned

Nov 11, 2005

And I had a bit more low end control with mt svt1000 through me 810 bottom also...damping has a big thing to do with it as well as the eq"s built into the 450 and 1000...the classic just has 'dernary tone controls. But you can't beat that fat tube sound...tubes are a world of unique sound into themselves!!!

15. Whitmore

Whitmore

Aug 13, 2005
    The tube sound is good for some i guess. I didnt really dig it though i like the sound i get with the 450 much more than i did with the CL i donno maybe i am crazy. I guess tubes arent for me.

16. specplyrz

specplyrz Banned

Nov 11, 2005
    Nuthin crazy about it bro...it's all in how/what you like!! :cool: