Ampeg with Eden Experiences?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, May 1, 2005.

1. I fell am in a tangled love situation with the beautiful D-215XLT, and I'm gonna work my tail off to get one this summer, to go with my Sansamp RBI and PLX1202. I got to wondering, since I heard my dream tone with a WT400 and a D215XLT, and I dont like the tond eof the 215XLT with the RBI, I'll probably switch over to a SVP-CL, and then if that doesnt get that tone probably bite the bullet for a Navigator. But I was wondering, who has tried out an Ampeg head with Eden cabs? What was the head and what were the cabs? How'd you like it?

Share your experiences!

P.S. I'm going for a Jazzy Rock tone.
  2. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    I often use a 70's SVT head, or an SVT-II with a pair of Eden D210XLT cabs. The combination sounds great to me. Loud, fat, slightly gritty. Sometimes I'll just use one of the cabs. I also use an 8x10 sometimes but the Eden cabs are more efficient.
  3. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I used an SVP-Pro with and Eden WT-1000 and 115XLT and 210XLT cabinets. Sounded incredible for rock and loud funk ... but if you're looking for that eden tone I'm sure you could pick up a used WT-400 or WT-550 and sell off what you've got now and end up about even on the deal.
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    SVP-Pro with a 410XLT and then a 210T.

I really enjoy the way Ampeg heads sound with Eden cabs, they pair up really well. That's about all I can say, really. They just combine really, really well for just about any type of music you want to do.