Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by crazybassist601, Nov 3, 2005.

1. I think I have figured it out. I was at guitar center playing with their toys, and I found a really nice rig for what I like.
    I play a modified mexican fender and I was playing a SVT 610 HLF through a SVT 6 Pro. What are your opinions on them and their reliablility. They are really punchy and perfect for my hardcore/metalcore/whatever the hell my band is....

what are your opinions on them (although so far I love them)
    Oh yea, and I can get them both for 2000 flat, so I think the price is pretty good.

2. I play similar music and have been looking at exactly the same setup, but there aren't any here for me to try? what does it sound like?

3. It'd be good.

I'm not a huge fan of Ampeg, but I don't dislike them, either. Just not really my thing.

4. All I know is that it is very warm and punchy.

5. there don't seem to be many people who have any experience with this head...

6. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Its only been availble for about 6-10 months. Not many out. Its basically a 1000 watt version of the SVT3.

7. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    Put power into the SVT610HLF and it sounds great(fat, warm, thump, and clarity).

If your amp doesn't have the balls to push it though, it sounds kinda mediocre.

8. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Well, I don't necessarily have an opinion on that Ampeg stuff but if I were buying a new rig and my budget was $2000, I'd look into something else.

Maybe an Aguilar AG-500 SC (or a Thunderfunk) and a Schroeder 1212? That would be about the same price and sound KILLER. Plus, you wouldn't have to worry about hauling a 6x10 around but you'd still have just as much volume (or at least more than you'd ever need) and much better tone. Just my two cents.

9. Look into second hand gear, you could get a much nicer ampeg setup for that price, hell, i've seen a 70's SVT and 810 cab go for less than that!

And tash, has the 6Pro even been out that long? i thought 2-3 months tops?