Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KingBiz007, Oct 5, 2000.

1. KingBiz007

KingBiz007

Oct 5, 2000
    I want to get a Ampeg SVT-2x15 Cab but i dont know if i could get all the high's i wanted out of it.

I want it mainly because of the fact that 2 15" speakers would give me a very good low sound, but would my high's still sound good?

Too bad the Ampeg SVT-1540 was discontinued...

2. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    Well, can't tell you that I've ever played that cabinent. I can tell you that depending upon the quality of the speaker, you shouldn't have a problem, though I don't know what kind of speakers Ampeg uses. I've got a Crate BX-100 that has great lows and awesome highs (I've never heard an amp anywhere near the same price range with as good of tone) and it has a 15" in it (I'm wondering if it has the option for a JBL 15" in it instead of the factory speaker). Try one before you buy and see if it's what you want.

[Edited by White_Knight on 10-05-2000 at 02:47 PM]

3. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    You must have a JBL in there 'cause I had one of these and it sounded horrible! It's now being used as a drum stool...

4. MikeyD

MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    The SVT 215E doesn't have any tweeters, and the frequency response is -3dB at 3 kHz. Kind of limited in the high end (but the low end seems very healthy, according to the specs). Regarding the 1540, I still see it listed in Musician's Friend (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/), so I wonder if it really has been discontinued. Are they going to replace it with a similar model?

Mike

5. KingBiz007

KingBiz007

Oct 5, 2000
    Yeah, i saw it on Musicians Friend too, thats were i saw it got discontuned. That is one sweet cab though. I gotta try and find one somewere...