1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KingBiz007, Oct 5, 2000.

1. KingBiz007

KingBiz007

Oct 5, 2000
    I want to get a Ampeg SVT-2x15 Cab but i dont know if i could get all the high's i wanted out of it.

I want it mainly because of the fact that 2 15" speakers would give me a very good low sound, but would my high's still sound good?

Too bad the Ampeg SVT-1540 was discontinued...

2. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    Well, can't tell you that I've ever played that cabinent. I can tell you that depending upon the quality of the speaker, you shouldn't have a problem, though I don't know what kind of speakers Ampeg uses. I've got a Crate BX-100 that has great lows and awesome highs (I've never heard an amp anywhere near the same price range with as good of tone) and it has a 15" in it (I'm wondering if it has the option for a JBL 15" in it instead of the factory speaker). Try one before you buy and see if it's what you want.

[Edited by White_Knight on 10-05-2000 at 02:47 PM]

3. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    You must have a JBL in there 'cause I had one of these and it sounded horrible! It's now being used as a drum stool...

4. MikeyD

MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    The SVT 215E doesn't have any tweeters, and the frequency response is -3dB at 3 kHz. Kind of limited in the high end (but the low end seems very healthy, according to the specs). Regarding the 1540, I still see it listed in Musician's Friend (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/), so I wonder if it really has been discontinued. Are they going to replace it with a similar model?

Mike

5. KingBiz007

KingBiz007

Oct 5, 2000
    Yeah, i saw it on Musicians Friend too, thats were i saw it got discontuned. That is one sweet cab though. I gotta try and find one somewere...