Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AndyBell, Jan 27, 2003.

1. AndyBell

AndyBell Guest

May 23, 2002
    york, england
    right, im in a rock n roll band and we're pretty good. shouldnt be too long before we're famous...if the damn agents and record companies come and find us!!! ;) haha(just joking). anyway, falling in line with the stereotype i need some ampeg!! my burns bison would sound better through the ampeg than the trace elliot i have from what ive heard around, the problem is its really expensive.
    anyone know where i can come across some cheap 350ish watts rigs???

cheers everyone x

oh, a joke if you havent heard it, what do bassists use for contraception? - their personalities.

2. AndyBell

AndyBell Guest

May 23, 2002
    york, england
  3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    You need a head and a cabinet or a combo? What exactly is "cheap" to you? There are some guys on here that think Aguilars are cheap...

4. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    SVT 350H and a 810 ......

+- 1500$

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    You could get a Mesa/Boogie Walkabout and 4x10 cab for $1600, and have a smoking rig. Check out the threads on the Walkabout and see what people are saying about it. Good luck!

6. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    The Ampeg B2R is not too expensive of a head.

7. Audiosolace

Audiosolace Guest

Oct 8, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Don't be fooled by the SVT 350 H - same thing as the cheaper B2R, only its built into a box. Unless you find a killer deal on Ebay, I'd go with the B2R.

Anyway, for about $800-$900 you could get an Ampeg B Series head and an Avatar B410 - great combination if you ask me!

8. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    SWR workingmans series. Awesome. Way cheaper than the ampegs and awesome. 400 watts.

SWR - Always a good choice

Maybe I just dont get it but that was the worst joke ever dude!

9. Er0

Er0

Jan 15, 2003
    St Louis MO
    i've had nothing but problems with swr stuff

10. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    What's wrong w/ SWR's?????????????

11. hey, you're in England. Why not get Ashdown or Orange? Ampeg is porbably really expensive there.