ampeq pro series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brandonwhite, Jan 17, 2002.

1. brandonwhite

Jan 2, 2002
    Hey guys i'm in the market for a new cab set up and I am pretty much sold on Ampeq but I was wondering if anyone has played through the PR-18H cab or the PR-410HLF. If you have or if you know anything about it, please tell me what you think. I was also thinking about getting the SVT-5PRO. What do you think and thank you.
  2. gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    When I went shopping for a new cab to go on tour with I called up GC and asked if they had any 410 cabs in 4ohms the only ones they had were Ampeg so I went in to try them out. I brought my bass with me and tried out the Pro 410 and the Classic 410. After extensive testing I went with the Classic, it just sounded better to me in a side by side. After the tour I brought that back in and upgraded to the SVT 610 HLF.
  3. Jeff Corallo

Jeff Corallo

May 30, 2000

Do you mean the Pr1832he? I have it and am very happy with it. It's heavy though (167 lbs).
  4. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    its actually pronounced Am-peg

5. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    And spelled that way too. . . ;)
  6. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

Holy crap. That almost weighs more than my rig AND me!!:p:D
  7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I have tried out the PR410HLF and the SVT410HLF one after the other. I thought the PR sounded sort of muddy compared to the SVT. It seemed to lack the punch of the SVT, and the SVT's lows seemed much "cleaner" and more pronounced.

The PR410 is a tank, too. I forget how much it weighs, but it is heavy. And quite a bit bulkier than the SVT. So if portability is an issue for you (it wasn't for me, I have plenty of room to transport my gear, I was going based on sound alone) you might wanna check out the SVT's.

I am currently running an Ampeg SVT4PRO head into 2 SVT410HLF cabs. And I couldn't be happier.:D ;)