ampeq svt3-pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kreo, Nov 4, 2002.

1. kreo

Nov 4, 2002

I have just bought a svt3-pro head. My problem is: It overdrives just a bit all the time. I guess this is normal with tupe heads. But can you create a more clear tone without the distortion. It says so in the manual but I tried all different kinds of settings without any luck. Please help me if you have any experience with this.

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    There are a couple of things you could look at....
    If you have a bass with active electronics, you may be overdriving the pre-amp. I believe that the SVT3Pro has a -15 pad on the input. You could start with that. You may also have the gain set too high. This amp is not a tube amplifier. It has a tube pre-amp with a solid state power section. Try turning down the gain, and turning up the master volume.
  3. Ditto on what Adrian said, I would just make sure that you aren't turning the preamp gain up to high. If the red light is coming on all the time, you have it up too high.

4. Make sure that the "tube gain" knob is turned all the way down, plus not to turn the gain up to much, since the poweramp has a cleaner sound than the preamp in the SVT3.

Good luck
  5. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois