1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Amplified Music Products (A.M.P.) BH-420 Amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by MegaSwing, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    The Founding Father of the Thunderfunk. Ahead of its time in the 80’s; still kicking haard 20+ years later. All solid state, workhorse amp in excellent shape. Amazing, versatile tone. It's tough to beat this amp with ANYTHING.

Feature-laden:
    Semi-parametric preamp designed by Steve (SWR) Rabe
    Effects loop
    Headphone circuit
    Separable power/preamp
    Pre- and post-EQ DI
    Bi-ampable w/ selectable crossover
    The original 'enhance' knob
    420 watts @ 4 ohms, 240 watts @ 8 ohms
    22 lbs., 2.5 rack spaces

NOTE: On/off switch currently stuck ‘on’ (for third time in 7 years, usually self-fixes); power cord has own on/off switch. Amp ALWAYS works and works well. Will include very rare rack-mount ears.

$325, shipped.

Attached Files:

Matt R likes this.
  2. MegaSwing

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    Bump.

If you've never used one before, it'll make you a believer. Outperforms amps costing many times more.

3. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    Balti-bump
    These amps are awesome!

4. MegaSwing

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    Bump.

A world-class bass amp for not a lot of money.

5. got any soundclips?

How does the biamp work? ..I mean how many watts into the highs and lows?

6. MegaSwing

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    It appears that there is one power supply that in 'bi-amp' mode using separate cabinets for highs and lows, you can select the crossover point between them at between 100 and 1000K. My knowledge of it is limited, because that's not how I use the amp. Anyone who knows more than this can jump in with a better explanation. The front and rear panels seem pretty self-explanatory.

7. MegaSwing

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    Bump.

For hi-fi AND old school, this is the amp that did BOTH before any other knew how.

8. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    It's a mono power amp. The crossover outputs are pre-amp signals. To bi-amp, you need another power amp. Take the one of the crossover outs into the power-amp input of this amp, and the other crossover out into the power-amp input of the other power amp.

I wanted one of these sooooo bad. I managed a guitar store, and Guild used these heads to demo their then brand new Guild/Hartke bass cabs. I ordered three of these heads from AMP, but they never shipped 'em. Between the unions at McCormick Place (where NAMM was held) destroying displays and opening windows so papers blew all over the place, and the company going under they never shipped.

Sorry for the hijack-

John

9. MegaSwing

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    No worries. I appreciate knowing.

10. JTE

Thanks for the info..was just wondering.

Was really just thinking of getting it for smaller gigs so I don't have to tote my over 100lb tube amp around, so no actual biamp is not a big deal.

Only thing holding me up is that I've never heard one before..anyone got a sound clip?

11. Hog Branch

Hog Branch

Oct 31, 2008
    Austin
    PM sent. I'd like to buy this. :bassist:

12. MegaSwing

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    Done deal.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.