Amplified Music Products BH-420

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by telemach, Feb 22, 2005.

1. telemach

Dec 22, 2003
    Bavaria, Germany

I´ve bought an AMP BH-420 from ebay (200EURO). It hasn´t arrived yet, but it is obviously in mint condition. Because there is little info about it on the Web and in this forum, I am interested in how much you can tell me about it. A manual or schematics via pmail would be superb, but i´m not that optimistic :smug: .

I will let you know for sure what I think about this amp...

Thanks a lot!
  2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    It's the original design by Steve Rabe before he started SWR. It's very warm, loud, and flexible for a solid-state amp. Those 400W or so really go a long way.

It was followed by the Gibson BG-440 and more recently the Thunderfunk line. All versions of this amp have been very well-received. I have had the BH-420 for about a month and it stands up to my brother's all-tube combo which sounds a heck of a lot louder than the 40W it's rated for. The sound of this amp fills out a room very well. You can dial in many tones and more cut if needed, with the very powerful, yet usable EQ but set flat it sounds huge. I'd recommend starting out with everything flat (12:00) and the limiter, enhance, and balance off and start from there.

It's a great amp. I think you'll be surprised at what a good value it is! I'm not sure what the EURO to US $ exchange is, but it sounds like you got a pretty good deal if it's anywhere near 1:1.