1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amplifier modeling pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MOTORHEADBANGER, Apr 24, 2010.

1. MOTORHEADBANGER

MOTORHEADBANGER Spud-boy looking for a real tomato

Dec 23, 2008
    Sidney, Indiana
    I have recently fallen in love with the new advancements in amplifier modeling technologies in the past few years. With pedals out there now such as Tech 21's VT Bass and the Flipster, I have been able to create that classic Ampeg tone without spending over $200. I was wondering though if there were pedals out there that successfully model other classic amplifiers, at least half as well? My four favorite amps/heads besides the SVT are the Mesa/Boogie D-180/400+, Sunn Coliseum, Acoustic 360/361, and GK 800rb. Are there any pedals or related gear that model any of these amps? If so any information on them would be very helpful.

2. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    I've been using Line 6 Floor Pod since they came out. Use it in the rehearsal studio only,and it gets the job done. It has only amp modeling,and a few effects.

3. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    +1 on the Line 6 pod. I use one with my practice rig and it can cop most of those tones fairly well although for the SVT tone I do like the VT bass better for its small size and ease of use.

4. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    I use a Line6 and really like it, I get a pretty respectable model of an Acoustic 360 with it. I also had the chance to compare its Hiwatt DR103 model to the real deal - not bad!
    You can also give each of your basses it's own preset, eq'd and leveled with it's own model a very nice feature if you play shows with more than one bass.
    tahiti001.

5. Another pedal I'm aware of is the Rusty Box, iirc it's the preamp of the traynor TS50.
    Great if you're looking for that grinding Shellac tone.

6. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I use the Digitech BP200 It has enough features to keep me moving..........................:cool:

7. How does the synth sound. I occasionally play Stevie Wonder's "Boogie On Reggae Woman" and could use a synth bass sound. Sounds like an evelope filter and octaver combined. Can the Floor Pod do this?