1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amps - Ampeg and Kustom (vintage)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mattsk42, Oct 10, 2006.

1. mattsk42

mattsk42 Supporting Member

Lowballs, whatever accepted. Just e-mail me for fastest response.

Pictures of both! http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a163/mattsk42/Heads/

I have a Kustom 250-1 that is a 1973 I think. It's one of the "tuck and roll" ones in BLACK.
    It has a nice tube sound even though it's solid state. I ran it through my 2x10 Ampeg and I didn't notice any hiss that was loud.

It's in pretty much new condition, other than looking somewhat old, since it is. It was recently taken into a professional place to get cleaned out and a new power cord got added. The only issue I've found so far is that once when I turned on the power, I got a turn on thump. It has occured around 1/3 of the time, but I've just gotten around it by turning it on and THEN plugging in the cab to the head. No sound at all that way.

Asking $200, because I like it, but would down on the price some if you show me what it's worth somewhere, or make a good offer.

It's not as "vinyl-y" as this picture makes it look.
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a163/mattsk42/Heads/bass004.jpg

SOLD I also have an Ampeg SVT3PRO in pretty much new condition. It is a newer one, I don't know what year. It's been in a rack forever, and I've never had any problems with it. I paid around 700 for it, and love it to death, so I'm asking 600 for it. PM me if that's too much, I have no idea what these go for. :meh:

Here's a nice cab I have for sale, too: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287257

2. pharaohamps

pharaohamps Commercial User

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    Owner, Disaster Area Designs / Alexander Pedals
    The turn-on thump on those Kustoms is perfectly normal - there's a bit of DC on the output cap and that causes the thump. I have an older 200-A head and I put a switch on the back that disconnects the speaker. I've done it on the slant-front models like yours, using the front-panel "polarity" switch, which the straight-front models don't have.

Nice amps, BTW, free bump from me. If you had the matching cab for the Kustom I'd be all over this like stink on poo.

Matt Farrow

3. mattsk42

OK, thanks for the info. I was wondering because it didn't seem to "affect" anything other than at turn on.

I wish I had the matching cab, too, or more money. :D

4. mattsk42

Updated with new pictures.

5. mattsk42

SVT sold. Kustom still here...

6. mattsk42

Updated post and dropped $100 dollars!

7. mattsk42

Anyone?

8. pm sent

9. mattsk42

Replied, and price drop!

10. mattsk42

I'd do $150 for the Kustom plus whatever shipping would be. Cheap.

11. mattsk42

Any trades at all?

12. mattsk42

?

13. mattsk42

Last bump before I make a new thread for this.

14. Incognitus

Incognitus Amen!

Mar 25, 2006
    Eagle River, Alaska
    You got an email regarding this.

I am highly interested.

15. mattsk42

Replied, and nice sig!

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021