Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amps Buyers Guide

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Aug 12, 2003.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Here is the completed buyers guide for amps. If you feel that you can add more to it, please PM me and i will do it, it'll save alot of mucking around again :D

It contains prices for alot of heads, cabs, compressors, combos and other amp related items. The prices are converted into as many currencies as possible. There are alot of prices missing, and i apologise for any inconvienence it creates.

Enjoy!
    -Kirbo

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Wow, it's amazing. Now only a little review on the features of each! :D

3. I've updated the GK section of the buyers guide.

4. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Thanks daniel, but in future if you want to add anything, send the data to me, and i will put it in. IMO it'll save alot of hastle that way, and i know whats going on :D

Thanks again though!

5. sorry about that.

6. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Its all good man, no harm done ;)

7. I can't seem to open the attachment.

8. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    What seems to be the problem? I saved it as a normal zipped excel file so it should download and save eaily :meh:

When you try to open/download, what happens?

9. It doesn't do anything at all when I click on it. If I right click and save it to download in my documents, it says the following when I click on it:

Audio View

Corrupt file - Cannot open

Could you try sending it to : 6goodwin@optonline.net

10. ibanezman80

ibanezman80

May 7, 2003
    Canada
    what program is an .xls file for?

11. ibanezman80

ibanezman80

May 7, 2003
    Canada
    what program is an .xls file for?

12. Microsoft Excel

THe spreadsheet program

13. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    excel?

meh

couldnt you have done it in html? :meh:

14. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I couldnt do it as a HTML because i dont know how to, and im sure my computer doesnt have the right gear. I asked paul if he could make a link at the header of TB (similar to the FAQ link) and have it there.

15. HTML is very nice to browse on the web, but the data will be static. Excel keeps it dynamic, so all of us can edit, sort en delete data in seperate files, if we like to...

16. didj

didj

Sep 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    In Excel you can save as html. Then distribute it as an html document and do your updates/revisions in excel.

17. Even better! :D

18. kirbywrx, that's very kind of you to do all that work for us! Thanks man!
    ;) Treena

19. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I live to give :D

I have spoken to paul about putting a link to this guide up the top. it is going to get more hits here than it is up the top.

So i sugest that we keep it in a stuck thread and every 3 months or so ill up date it. If anyone has any data they would like to put in email it to me and ill save it all for the next update.
    Thanks to everyone that has put in and helped me out aswell ;) its greatly appreciated.

-Kirbo

20. WOOFMAN

WOOFMAN

Mar 12, 2003
    USA, PNW
    I applaud this spread sheet. Other useful info to include would be #of tubes, warranty period, where it was assembled(not that important), effect type, ie, digital or analog,and types of outputs such as tuner out, effects out/return, does the preamp have a built in tuner, noise generator, eq parameters etc., and Kirby dude. What ever happened to Mesa-Boogie?

::Great idea, nonetheless, so thanks for the effort.