Amps produced for the Japanese market

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Sep 12, 2018.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Thanks everyone for the help. This is the back of the amp. I really want to make sure I get the right converter so I don't blow this thing up.

Attached Files:

2. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Here's a link to the manual. It says it is selectable voltage 100,120,230VAC 50/60hz. Some photos online show 100/115/230, whereas yours is 100 only, and the other voltages are marked over. I'd suggest contacting Sadowsky, or better yet, Koch Amps who built this unit to confirm the voltage requirements/specs for this particular unit.

Koch contact page
    sa 200 users' guide - Session

MAJOR METAL likes this.
  3. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    Oh, wait. That transformer isn't going to be anywhere near large enough for that amp.

You really need to contact Sadowsky on this.

mbelue likes this.
  4. MAJOR METAL

I have emails in to Sadowsky and Dolf Koch on this. I certainly want to make sure that I have the proper transformer before purchasing it from Japan.

5. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Looking at the amp, there is a chance all you will need is some rejumpering, a fuse, and a new power cord. Hopefully the manufacturer will have some good news for you.

As was mentioned, the amazon transformer will be overtaxed and smoked by your amp.

6. vvvmmm

vvvmmm

Dec 6, 2016
    Chi
  7. acubass

acubass

Oct 10, 2007
    Albuquerque, NM
    I thought this thread was going to show the amps produced for Japanese market. I’m a little bummed out.

Haroldo and mbelue like this.
  8. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Obviously, you are NOT knowledgable about sushi. :rollno:

RobTheRiot and agedhorse like this.
  9. MAJOR METAL

I'm waiting to hear back from them. Do you think 500 watt converter is the way to go?

acubass likes this.
  10. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    I don't know, I would wait and see if perhaps the power transformer may also have 115/230V taps

11. MAJOR METAL

Great news guys! There's a high end amp tech in my area and he said he could easily internally convert the output of this amp for use in the USA!

beans-on-toast likes this.
  12. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    It sounds like it is just a matter of resetting some jumpers, a new power cord and fuse.

All the best with the amp if you go ahead.

MAJOR METAL likes this.
  13. vvvmmm

vvvmmm

Dec 6, 2016
    Chi
    Mebbe so, altho' I eat it and sashimi, pretty regular-like, especially considering I live in the middle of the US.

That said, you are obviously not knowledgeable about booze, and that is definitely not sake.

14. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Sake is also the Japanese word for salmon.

15. vvvmmm

vvvmmm

Dec 6, 2016
    Chi
    Ha! A bit esoteric, that ...

But as you can tell, culturally? At least I've got my priorities straight! :D

agedhorse likes this.
  16. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    So, you got caught sleeping, eh? I don't drink, but I have had the sake you think of (are you an alcoholic, perhaps?) many years ago, but I'll take sake over sake (can you tell the difference? :roflmao:), any day. I've only been eating the stuff for close to 40 years, now.

17. vvvmmm

vvvmmm

Dec 6, 2016
    Chi
    Are you trying to insult me for the 2nd time, or are you just awkward?

I mean, I don't even drink anymore.

Not that I drink any less.

I mean, do you suffer from worms or Mercury poisoning? Or just 40 years of halitosis?

18. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    Well, Japanese semantics aside, when I saw that pic, all I saw was Mick Jagger's lips. Nothing I want to put in my mouth, although I think David Bowie would disagree.

meatwad, Jeff Scott and Haroldo like this.
  19. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    I thought I saw Nemo!

20. Wasnex

Wasnex

Dec 25, 2011
    The SA200 has a switch to change the voltage. Notice the white label and brown switch circled in the upper left quadrant of the image below. To access the switch you have to remove the bottom chassis panel.

upload_2018-9-14_21-19-29.png

MAJOR METAL and vvvmmm like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021