Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amps suggestion

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Saint Michael, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Greetings everyone. I need some advice on amp choices. I am still in the early stages of learning Bass. However, I am upgrading my Bass and amp soon. What reccomendations do you have for a guy who would like to sound great while practicing even if he is not ready to gig yet? this question is sound quality motivated, not price motivated. Thanks to all replies.

2. panazza

panazza

Nov 23, 2003
    italy
    I'll suggest you buying an SWR combo
    I played through a workingman's 15 and it sounded really nice... it's a 200w combo with a 15' speaker and a tweeter. I like it... or you can also check out the workingman's 12.
    I saw they put out a new series called LA they are cheaper but I don't know anything about them. I'll go for the workingman's 15 it will serve you for many years until you play large gigs... but it's around 1000 $

3. panazza

panazza

Nov 23, 2003
    italy
    I forgot... try EBS combos they're great! the drome combos are 150w but they're very loud! they come with a 12' or a 15'. I don't know about the price in the US but it should be around 1000 $... they have killer tone... much better than swr.
    trust me I had a EBS combo and they are the best combos on the market

4. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    ditto

5. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Don't get an SWR LA combo, unless you wanna buy mine. :D