Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quad_Burrito, Dec 4, 2000.

1. Quad_Burrito

Quad_Burrito Guest

Nov 27, 2000
    Jax, FL
    I'm a new bass player and I bought an Ibanez Bass Pak and it came with it's own amp but the amp sucks (it buzzez). when ever I play any note on the G string it will buzz not alot but it's noticible.
    I was just wondering if it's the amp or something with my bass.
  2. the box set thingies.. icky.. those things always suck.. but ya gotta start somewhere =).. it's probably a mix of both.. but you are better off buying a better amp than that.. try fender frontman 15b... not that bad at all.. still have mine.. I use it now and when I don't wanna wake everyone up...

3. Quad_Burrito

Quad_Burrito Guest

Nov 27, 2000
    Jax, FL
    Thanks for the help

4. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Buzzing G-string sounds more like a 'problem' with your bass, but just a little problem. I guess you just need some string and/or neck adjustment - as you are new to this, let a tech from the shop or an experienced friend do that for you. I'm quite sure those Pak things come without proper adjustment...
    Crappy amps rather have a problem with farting E string than buzzing G string :D

Hope that helps,
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

If you know someone else with a bass, see if you can try theirs in your amp. If the buzz is still there, as I suspect, you know it's your amp.

Did you get a guarantee or warranty from the place you bought it ? If so, use it. It sounds like a bad speaker cone to me because the G's higher frequencies and more rapid vibrating, due to the string's smaller diameter, cause the cone to vibrate faster. There could be a tear in the cone.
  6. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    You most likely need to have the guitar properly set up. Get the string height adjusted and the intonation set. That will probably take care of the problem.
  7. Quad_Burrito

Quad_Burrito Guest

Nov 27, 2000
    Jax, FL
    Thanks for the help you guys and I'll check out the warranty thing i know i got one but my parents have it