1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

amptweaker bass tight fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Unemploid, Apr 3, 2015.

1. i wonder if their was a fuzz with an effcts loop. i wanna try my wah and or octave in it.

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Unemploid likes this.
  3. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I just traded mine away recently, but I really liked it. It's a fantastic vintage sounding fuzz...it was something that could be used in not "heavy" musical contexts. It sounded fantastic going into filters.

Unemploid likes this.
  4. NoxNoctus

NoxNoctus The Crushinator

May 9, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    I miss my Tight Fuzz! Criminally underrated pedal

5. nomeX

nomeX

Nov 26, 2011
    H-Town
    I got mine here on the Classifieds!

6. ItsMattIThink

ItsMattIThink

Apr 22, 2013
    I may be the odd one out in saying I wasn't a huge fan of the tight fuzz. I will say it was awesome having the effects loop though and it's one of the best built pedals I've ever had hands down. Seriously built like a tank!

7. That sounds really great

8. MattStonewall

MattStonewall

Jan 7, 2014
    Virginia
    These pedals look killer!

9. azwhofan

azwhofan Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Arizona
    I've had mine for over a year, and it ain't going nowheres!!!

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You know, I've heard Juan play some pretty incredible stuff, but when he demos these pedals, he just slams on the right hand and makes noise. Wish he'd go for the gusto a little and play some music.

11. amptweaker

amptweaker Commercial User

May 8, 2010
    Owner/Engineer: Amptweaker LLC
    Here's another little iphone recording I did at NAMM with Juan playing through the Bass TightFuzz....we went through all kinds of cleaner tones, and he did a lot more nuanced playing on it once I cleaned it up some, starting about 1:23:

Frankly, the cleaner tones available on the pedal have been the things that have really sold them. I've also introduced a Boost sw MOD for guys who wish it had a little more fuzz.
    James B
    amptweaker.com

Unemploid, tombowlus and JimmyM like this.
  12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I believe that. Most people are just looking for a little body to round out their clean tones and add a little mortar to the bricks.

13. if i had the money, ampeg di and the bass tight fuzz will be the next two pedals i'm getting.