1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ampuplugnplay

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ste30, Apr 18, 2006.

1. ste30

ste30

Apr 18, 2006
    Has anyone seen or used an "ampuplugnplay" ( www.ampuplugnplay.com ) - basically a small amp that plugs straight into the lead socket. Just wondering whether the thing will blow up as soon as you start playing?
    Im in apartments and cant be blasting out of a massive amp, and this looks like the answer, however im not sure of the quality.
    Any replies appreciated
    Cheers

Ste

2. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    It's designed for guitars, I'd steer clear of it, you're better off with a headphone amp, like the Tascam CD-BT-1.

3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Anyone who gets that is just asking to have a ruined jack on their bass.

4. ste30

ste30

Apr 18, 2006
    Thanks for the replies, only problem is i dont have £120 spare for the Tascam CD-BT1. My bass only cost me £130.

It only needs to be loud enough as a stereo at the most. I need something relatively cheap that doesnt go very loud, but obviously better than just playin the bass on its own... any suggestions?
    Thanks

Ste

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Go to a music store, try out practice combos in your price range. Get the one that you like the best.

6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    It will be nowhere near as loud as a stereo.

7. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    A company called Pocket Rockit makes 2 models of headphone amps for bass. This is the standard version http://www.pocketrockit.com/pr-stdb.htm

Don't know who/if anybody in the UK sells them though.

8. schmittuml

schmittuml

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    get a line in cord for your computer and play through the speakers. 4.00 cable at radio shack. problem solved.

9. ste30

ste30

Apr 18, 2006
    I use the PC in work, else Id do play it through the soundcard which I have done before.
    I recently moved to Spain so am living in apartments and cant cane it like I could back home. Which is why I just want something that I can hear instead of playing the bass on its own. The local music shop still wants £75 for a 10w amp, which ill prob only have turned up to 4 or 5 at the max.
    Thanks for the PocketRockit link, will check that out