Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AMS only store with Easy Pay?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by waytoodeep03, Mar 22, 2005.

1. They have a limited supply of basses and my credit isnt the best for some high interest card. Is there another store that can do easy pay straight from my check card?

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    i think music123.com can.

3. havuk

havuk

Jan 5, 2005
    DFW TEXAS
    music123 does not offer the easy pay that splits up payments from your bank card, AMS is the only place I can find that does this, but would be interested in finding others too.

4. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Well, AMS is theo nly with a 3 payment plan. I know musiciansfriend.com has a monthly plan though

5. havuk

havuk

Jan 5, 2005
    DFW TEXAS
    yes but those are credit card accounts meaning you have to apply for credit, the AMS easy pay just splits the payments into 3 or 5 monthly installments taken directly out of your credit or debit card from your existing account. No financing or interest involved.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Only AMS comes to mind. And surprisingly it doesn't cost you much more (only about $0.02 by my math)

Question is, do you get the merch after the first payment, or after the final?

7. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    At AMS, you make the first payment + shipping (if any) and they send you your order immediately. With the five pay, you have to do a credit check, or establish credit with them by doing three pays.

8. Zzounds.com does the ez pay plan. They only do a credit check if the amount is over $1000.

9. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Sweetwater does it...in fact I just did it. We bought a new mixer for our band, and thanks o the split payments we'll be able to basically pay it off with the shows we play during that time.

10. steelbed45

steelbed45 TRemington Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Nolanville, TX
    +1 on Sweetwater, I can't remember what the one time extra charge is for splitting the payments up, but it's nominal either way.