1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amsterdam Adventures!! (Was: Amsterdam Rehearsal Locations?)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by superheavyfunk, May 17, 2018.

1. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Hello, Euro TB community!

My band has a 12-hr layover in Amsterdam and we'll need a rehearsal space so we can get some work done before heading over to Germany for a festival. Can anyone recommend a rehearsal space? I'd appreciate the help!

Also, I'd be very into meeting any of you that are in either Amsterdam or Hamburg! :D

EDIT: Add your Amsterdam bass (or non-bass) adventure stories and pictures here!

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    superheavyfunk likes this.
  3. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Nope, I live in the furthest south of the Country that you can go, Amsterdam is a three hour drive.

4. charlie monroe

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Sorry about that.

I have a customer based in Maasbracht. Sounds like you may be closer to them.

5. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Hey, @Blazer. Do you know of any other TBers that may be from the area?

6. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
  7. BassAgent

BassAgent

Dec 2, 2003
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Official Artist: Eich Amplification
    Yes! I live in Amsterdam. Check out Q-Factory, great place with very good rehearsal facilities and a great bar. If you need some translation help, let me know.

Hit me up if you're heading there, I live about 10 minutes cycling away :)

GregC, BassmanM, taught and 2 others like this.
  8. Matthijs

Matthijs

Jul 3, 2006
    Amsterdam
    Q factory has the nicest rooms, and mostly ok gear. (I just wrexked the ampeg in room 38) And a pretty good bar . I practise there almost weekly. The Jam studios is ok too, smaller rooms though. There are some more fancy single rehearsal rooms/ studio’s spread around town if that’s what you’re looking for?

9. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Yeah, I'll look into it... We'll likely go there, since you guys have recommended it. We arrive on Tuesday morning (ill check the approximate arrival time and post it here) and we've got 12 hrs in town, so we will probably do 3-4 hours at the rehearsal space and then just wander around town until it's time to go.

Do they have loaner instruments there? I was hoping to check my bass directly through to Hamburg so that I don't have to carry it around.

Hahaha! Noted. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup::roflmao:

10. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Also, if there any TBers in #Hamburg, please stand up! Your presence is requested at the bar. :bassist::p

11. BassAgent

BassAgent

Dec 2, 2003
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Official Artist: Eich Amplification
    Alright :)

They do, a kinda low budget Precision bass by a brand called "Doodad". Pretty ok stuff, not brilliant, but decent. I guess you'll have to book it in advance.

12. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Yeah, I emailed them but I think I'll try to call tomorrow to make sure.

I'm good with any bass for rehearsal, so long as it doesn't have fret sprouts to cut up my fingers. That's the worst.

Oddly likes this.
  13. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
  14. BassmanM

BassmanM

Feb 17, 2011
    Hamburg, Germany
    Yeah, Hamburg calling! So @superheavyfunk when exactly will you be in Hamburg and which festival are you playing?

Oddly likes this.
  15. Amano

Amano

May 5, 2015
    Planet earth
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    GregC, Oddly and superheavyfunk like this.
  16. I'll be in Amsterdam for a week or two in July. I'd love to find a place to hear some live music, last two trips there it seemed that live bands were pretty scarce. If any of the locals could give some advice, I'd greatly appreciate it! Would be even greater if I could find a spot to actually get to play with some locals. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

17. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Thanks for your help, @Oddly. Where is this little map you speak of?

I'll be there on Wednesday morning. We were individually hired to support five artists for this festival: Home

I've only met and jammed with the rest of the band once before, which is why I'm looking forward to having another rehearsal before the show. I think there's 8 or 9 performances for us in total, across the duration of the festival.

18. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    I'm gonna change the thread title to "Amsterdam Adventures." Maybe this thread could be a good resource for other TBers who plan to visit the city!

Oddly likes this.
  19. charlie monroe

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    The title is accurate as is.

If future TBers are looking for rehearsal space in Amsterdam I doubt that they would open a thread called Amsterdam Adventures. That sounds more like hookers and blow.

MattZilla, Amano and superheavyfunk like this.
  20. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Hahahaha!

I'd like to post some pictures and stuff in this thread during my visit, so maybe this thread could be the best of both worlds, so to speak? I left the original title in parenthesis... hopefully it'll be easy to search and find.

Oddly likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2020