Amsterdam Jam

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by hexbass, Nov 30, 2001.

1. There are some killer fares to Amsterdam in the nest couple of weeks, anyone live or been there recently? Specifically are there any nice jams to check out? Music stores? etc. Maybe even a music oriented cheap hotel?
  2. I go there pretty much every weekend.. you should check out " Fame music " it's a humungous CD-store near the dam.. if you stand in front of the dam with the huge "castle" in front of you, go to the big place and take a left into the " kalverstraat ". it's at the beginning..

another tip.. if you're there.. walk down the "kalverstraat", all the way down, till you come at a little tower.. there's a bookstore at your left hand here.. walk past the tower and go right into a big street.. on the left side of that street ( dunno the name ), about 200m from the tower is a music-store where they have a nice big collection of basses. :D there's a huge bank across the street from that music store.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

We know why you're really going to Amsterdam.:eek:
  4. Uhm.. yes.. well.. for the red-light district.. if you stand in front of the dam.. do a 180 turn and walk into the narrow street, cross 2 bridges and then go to the left.. for quality women take the 3rd street on the right and then the 2nd door on the left.. ask for " sharon ".

and for the coffeeshops.. if you're in front of the dam, walk towards the big building and take a right, past the " ABN amro " bank. walk on for about 400m and there's a huge coffeshop on your right side called " la Canna ".. this is actually a coffeshop the size of a big mc.donalds restaurant. it has a pool-center ( snooker ,etc ) on the 2nd floor. very good quality marihuana there too.

if you need any further help.. mail me, and i'll take you on a tour as personal guide :)