1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AMT Bass Krusher--Help!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HiFi, Jun 22, 2007.

1. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    Looking at picking one up and had a few questions:

1. How much should I expect to pay for a used one?

2. How does it compare with most other compressors--recommended, or is there something much better in the same price range?

3. Is it a quality pedal?

Haven't seen much about it on TB, so I figured I'd start a thread.

Thanks!

2. I'm fairly sure that I'm the only one on the board with an AMT pedal (the communist pig) and I can definitely say that they're very sturdy. I got mine used for 75 bucks, which is a pretty low price for one of these, at least in relation to the MSRP.

It's a great pedal, so the rest of their pedals are probably pretty good.

And this is slightly OT, but to anyone still waiting for clips, it's summer now, which means I've got time, which means clips. For reals this time.

-Le Seaworthy Bassist

3. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I have almost never seen any used AMT pedals for sale, otherwise I would have been eager to try them out. There's no way I'm paying the new price with so little known about them.

4. I have a Communist Pig as well and I would agree. It is an awesome pedal. The best bass distortion I've ever used. But to stick to the topic I've used the Bass Krusher before and it is a good compression pedal. I have a Fender 1200 Pro amp which has built in compression so I didn't pay too much attention to AMT's compression when I was trying all of their bass effects, but I remember it holding up. :ninja:

5. Zeemno

Zeemno

Feb 15, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Clips!! :smug:

Hifi, I am afraid you will have to buy one and tell us how it is. Because Bongomania didn't review it yet, we probably know next to nothing about that pedal! :p ;)

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021