Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AMT-mic , noise problems

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by oystein, Mar 20, 2003.

1. oystein

oystein

Sep 15, 2001
    Norway, Leikong
    Hello,
    I have an AMT-mic on trial. I am quite satisfied with the sound, but rather disappointed with the noise level(high frequency) coming from the system. I run the mic to the AMT-preamp, line signal to my raven labs PMB-1, signal from Raven L. to Acoustic Image Contra or PA. I was quite surprised because running my Crown condenser through the same setup is dead quiet. I have not tried to run the mic directly to the PA via XLR yet.
    I have talked with AMT and they have not had any claims on such a problem. Any good advices? Do I have any mismatch in my system?

Regards,
    Oystein

2. Adrian Cho

Adrian Cho Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    Oystein

I have an AMT mic and I use it with an AI Coda. I have the "super" version of the preamp but I use the 1/4" line output to go to the Coda. I don't understand why you are using the PMB-1. When you use it, which input are you uisng on the Contra? You should use the effects return to bypass the preamp otherwise you are preamping it twice.

Adrian

3. oystein

oystein

Sep 15, 2001
    Norway, Leikong
    I use the effect return on the Contra, but still have problem. Maybe there is an failure with the preamp, I don't know, I will try running it through a PA system in the weekend.

Oystein

4. Adrian Cho

Adrian Cho Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    Have you tried cutting the PMB-1 out of the picture entirely and going into the low gain (with low impedance set) input on the Contra?

Adrian