Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AMT slap bass ( bass overdrive )

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by AllodoX, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Samples didn't work for me...

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I don't know why, but if I compare any overdrive effect, I always compare it to my Digitech X-Series Bass Driver...

My Digitech still sounds better than any other overdrive pedal I've heard.

3. I double that Pollybass :) The digitech bass-driver most definitely is impressive. Especially with a jazzbass.

The ATM-bass sounds more " natural ", but for some reason the samples are unavailable at the moment :(

4. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Allodox:
    Have you experienced any MICROPHONIC issues with your Digitech X Bass overdrive????????

5. No problems here.. It's dead silent when turned off. Maybe you should get new ( better ) cables and recheck the grounding of your amp.

6. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Even though this is an old thread, it seemed logical to append to it.

Just got one of these pedals yesterday and I like it quite a bit. Some observations:

1. I did not notice a mid scoop when setting bass and treble at 12 o'clock. I anything, it seemed to gain even more mix-friendly presence.

2. Definitely fattens up the tone, overall. Has a nice, beefy low end and a non-brittle high end.

3. In terms of ODs, it's reasonably subtle. Definitely NOT a fuzz pedal.

4. I was surprised at how small it is. Looks much larger in the pic.

5. Well constructed, overall. Seems like it would withstand some abuse. Have not closely examined the knobs, though.

Overall, a useful pedal. It's not "extreme" as an OD or preamp, but it pretty much does what it says it does. It gives a nice "bite" to your slap tone without being overbearing.