1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

An 8 Ohm GB Neox212??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by trandy16, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Can you special order a Genz Benz Neo212 in an 8 ohm configuration? The web site says they come in 4 ohms....I didn't see an option for 8 ohms..

My trusty old GK 400RB will only go down to a 4 ohm load and I want to use two cabs with it.

2. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    No.

But a 2x12 is plenty for many situations, why do you insist on running more than that?

3. bassman639

bassman639

Dec 23, 2006
    northeast ,pa
    can it be rewired in series?

4. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    You sure the 400RB has enough power to sufficiently drive four twelves?

5. I fully intend on using the GB Neox212 as a main/only cabinet for most situations....but I wanted the 8 ohm option in case I needed to add my 8 ohm SWR 210 cab in larger venues.

6. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Yes, which would result in a 16 ohm cabinet.

As far as adding a 2x10 on top, have you tried the Genz? You may find out that it, in fact, is loud enough for all situations.

7. I have tried the GB and I think it will be enough in most situations.

Of course...I could always go shopping for a new head that runs at 2 ohms. :)

8. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Genz-Benz's GBE line (and the Neo-Pak) will run at two ohms all day long. :bassist: