Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

An actually new ME-50B question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Samurai, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    What are the limitations on layering effects or order of effects. For example, can you have delay and phaser at the same time? Are you locked in to a certain order of effects, or can you put synth last if you want?

Maybe a better question to ask would be what do you wish it could do that it can't.

2. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    you cant change the order...i actually dont know what order it does. maybe all at once somehow?

3. modflea

modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    The order of effects is left to right just like it is on the board. If I'm not mistaken (I don't have it here in front of me) there's a page in the manual that shows the order of effects.

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    as modflea said, it's left to right. each of the three pedals affects the group.

group 1 has octave,twah etc
    group 2 has drive and synth
    group 3 has phaser,flange,delay,chorus.

you can't have phaser and delay, but you can have chorus and delay and chorus and reverb together - those are provided as selections on the group 3 knob, you're not changing the order.

I haven't come across anything I've thought of as particularly annoying yet, it's a great little box. I mostly use individual fx, but use this for smaller gigs and rehearsals etc. I've tried various zooms (506,708), digitechs (bp200,bp100,bp50,bp8) and boss (me-6b, gt6b) and this is the best one I've ever used. It's got the best compromise between feature set and ease of use I've seen.

5. The effects are NOT left to right if you take into consideration the Compressor. The Compressor is before the BASS DRIVER but the Compressor is after the SQUARE SYNTH. For me, that's one of it's draw backs. Check the manual and it has a diagram of the signal chain that isn't exactly stright forward.

6. like someone said, theres a page on the manual that shows each effects influence on the others.
    theres specific sequences.

theres something that bugs me... I wish that I could play around with mixes of the following:phaser / Flanger / Delays / Chorus...