Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

An addicting timewaster game

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by uglycicles, Dec 21, 2004.

1. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    I'm not usually a fan of internet type games, but a friend roped me into this and now I've become addicted. A fun strategy/plundering type online game:

<a href="http://www.fallofnations.com/play.asp?uid=19503" target="_blank">Fall of Nations</a>

It's slow at work, can you tell? :D

2. Damn you. Damn you to hell.

Now I'm going to be late for work.:D

Rock on
    Eric

3. uglycicles

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    mmmuwhwhwhaaahahaaha. :D

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Another extremely addicting and great way to waste 2 weeks.....Diablo II Lord of Destruction. Every break I have I'll play this game for 2 weeks straight then quit. It's a good ritual :).

5. Now what happens if I, with my tiny 100 man army, attack the guy at the top of the rankings with his 1600 man army and 120,000 points?

Rock on
    Eric

6. oh bloody hell guys,
    i called in sick coz of this game!
    grrrrr!!

:D

7. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    the best time wasting game ever is BZ Flag

BZ Flag

8. the Qintar

the Qintar

Jul 24, 2000
    USA
    any of you cats ever get into the game "everquest"... i played that game for 4 years. i had a 45th level fighter.

i call that game "evercrack".

9. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    How come you guys say addicting? Isn't the word addictive?

10. Yes... that's more like it... family guy rules :D

11. Alright, I've recruited an army of 50, attacked a few guys getting some money and... now what?

12. uglycicles

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Use the money to buy more housing structures so you can get more units (each housing unit holds 50 add'l units).

Buy "facilities" so you can increase and vary your specialization of your troops.

Save up for upgrades.

Spend your money before you go offline. If you leave with a lot of money it will probably be gone when you come back.

Look for joining a guild, where you will be a part of mass attacks on enemy guilds, etc.

Money = buy more units = get better ranking = get more points.

13. uglycicles

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    whoops, and read the "guide" at the left. ;)

14. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    So I join up, pick barbarians, and start attacking people. Then, I get this PM:

"Barbarian, I take offense at your attacks. If I have offended you or one of your allies in some way, please enlighten me. After all, it is true enlightenment that we all strive to achieve. Otherwise, you shall not find me to be the best of friends.

May the light of wisdom guide your path."

Is this guy serious? Is he a bot or something? That's the point of the ****ing game! I'm little and barbarous, who else am I supposed to do?!??!

I responded:

"I'm doing what I do best, being barbarous. The only offense I take to you is that you're in my way. HUZZAH and such."

That should put him in his place.

15. Against Will

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    As you can tell from my last post, I think this game is silly, but I'm really getting into it.

16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I just attacked a bunch of people and got like 3,000 gold, used it to bolster my forces, one guy PMed me saying he was going to have to attack me to recover the gold I stole from him, but since I already spent it, he won't get much.

17. Hehe, someone pissed I attacked him:

18. Against Will

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

*GASP!* They're commies!

:ninja:

19. uglycicles

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    If you nail someone over and over (like attack the same guy 4+ times in a short amt of time) they will get pissed.

If they're in a guild, they'll probably enlist their pals to kick the crap out of you in a mass attack. A good idea is to hit people that are offline and left a ton of money out there (10k+ is a bad idea).
    At least for a start. Once you go up in rank, the more you attack people below you in ranking, your karma score goes farther down, which affects your attack.

I have to say that Against Will's response was pretty funny, though.
    :D