1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

An alternative path through the 12 keys

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by BassChuck, Mar 9, 2016.

1. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    I just thought I'd post this to show an different way to move around the 12 keys. It's a little weird perhaps and you do need a wee bit of music theory to easily understand it, but once understood, a lot of fun.

One of the big problems to learning scales and chords on EB is the ease of falling into patterns. They get the job done, but at the expensive of understanding the instrument fully. Hopefully this kind of approach breaks the patterns and gets you in touch with keys, modulations, and different ways to construct music.

Attached Files:

dralionux and mambo4 like this.
  2. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Emile DeCosmo has a good approach, he calls Polytonal Order of Keys. I've only recently got to it, but started implementing it in my practice immediately. So far, pretty happy with the results.

3. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Is anyone actually downloading the page? If you have questions feel free to ask.

4. Lownote38

Lownote38

Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Downloaded the page. No questions.

5. JustForSport

JustForSport

Nov 17, 2011
    Just downloaded it-
    will have to play with it and give it some time.
    Thanks