Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

An Alternative to Warwick Wax?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Techmonkey, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Well I can't seem to find Warwick wax in any of the local music shops without having them order it in, and my new bubinga Corvette is only a week or so from arriving, so if possible I don't want to order anything from online.

Does anyone have any suggestions for perhaps some kind of household wax or polish I might be able to find at the hardware shop or whatever? For what it's worth, I live in the UK.

Thanks muchos!
    Mat.

2. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    beeswax will do it. i actually think that's exactly what the warwick wax is.

3. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Thanks for the reply!
    Just any old beeswax? Awesome, I could pick that up in the hardware shop afterschool tomorrow.
    Thanks for the help!

4. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Yeah, warwick wax is just bee's wax with a different scent, haha, and the colours a bit different, theres a big tub of it randomly in the cupboard which i found a while back, so when my warwick tin runs out, im sorted!

:)