an antidote to all the "lost faith in humanity" threads ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by UncleFluffy, May 12, 2012.

1. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    I don't normally post random youtube links, but this made me cry. And that's not at all easy.

"When my husband left on his deployment, our 6-year-old son could not walk on his own. He has cerebral palsy. Doctors originally said that he would never walk or do much of anything. While daddy was away, he learned to walk. For his homecoming, we set it up for Michael to walk to his daddy for the first time ever! We kept the fact that he could walk a secret the whole time his dad was gone!"

2. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Excellent video, thanks for posting.

3. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Inactive

Aug 15, 2010
    Nice, but it doesn't make sense that the dad was in the dark about his son being able to walk and him kneeling down while gesturing to his son to come over.

Still, I'd rather see positive stuff like this on YouTube than all the crap that's usually posted. :)

4. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Homecomings always warm my heart, but this has nothing to do with faith in humanity.;)

Thanks for the share though, I felt something I feel very rarely.:)

5. Looks to me like he'd already seen his son walking towards him.

6. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    ? it makes perfect sense... he saw his child walking, and knelt down to allow him to walk

great video!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021