Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

An Apology to the Forum

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rossco, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rossco

rossco Unregistered

Mar 8, 2003
    Guys it looks like I trod on a toe or two when I posted pictures of my latest cabs.

Yes I do build them for a living but we're just a small outfit dedicated to custom stuff. There was no intention to tout for business. However, that said I offended some and that means I owe the forum an apology.

Guys I am truly sorry.

All the best

Rossco

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Mod edit for rude comments: I initially took your comments as being directed at the moderator that closed the original thread in question, and issued a 7 day ban. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt on this one, but still consider it a warning.
    Your cabs look cool and I hope you do well with them.

3. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Yeah. They are really pretty cabs. When the time comes I'll be in touch. :D

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Sweet stuff. I would love to hear one of them. I like the look as well. But I can't buy a cab like that, when my truck couldn't fetch as much as a 410 cab. But if I need some custom stuff when I am a rockstar, I'll look you up.

5. rossco

rossco Unregistered

Mar 8, 2003

I haven't got the feintest idea what you're talking about. I didn't make any comments regarding any of the mods, and no-one has told me I'm banned. Are you sure you go the right thread Stinsok?

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Not you bro, it was directed at the poster who was edited on this thread.

7. rossco

rossco Unregistered

Mar 8, 2003
    Ah.....must be the time difference kicking in....sorry :meh:

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I still want one.

-Mike

9. rossco

rossco Unregistered

Mar 8, 2003
    Stinsok, Hi

I got what you said via email.......thanks for the support but I'll go with the mods decision on this one :meh:

Mike.....just mail me when you're ready :D

10. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I know this won't make it to the forum. He did not say who's toes he stepped on. If he had said the moderator had backed him down on his post I would have responded differently. I am correct in saying that others show off their wares on this forum. Rossco did not have pricing information or ordering information and I did not take that as trying to sneak in free advertising.

11. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I went back and search all of Rossco's post and cannot find anything wrong with the cab post, but the advertising for another forum on this forum may be questionable...

12. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Rossco, no hard feelings at all. I enjoyed the cab design, as I am sure many others did as well. You are welcome to show your custom creations on this board, many others do. When a thread borders with blatant advertising, it becomes a problem, since it is against the forum rules. Your original post was kinda borderline IMO, and I personally took no action on it, but rather moved the thread to amps, and the mod of that forum was who saw a problem with it. For further explaination of the policies, please consult the forum rules, or feel free to contact paul directly, I am sure he would be glad to help you out.

Stinsok, I don't make the rules, nor do any of the other mods, we merely try our best to enforce them. If you have a problem with any of the rules, I reccomend you contact Paul as well. Stinking things up in public doesn't do anything but make more work for the mods, and borderlines breaking rules in the usage agreement by doing so. Please contact me personally, or paul if you have any more questions.

With that said, this thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.